Dryer Vent Cleaning
Did You Know?
Did you know you are at higher risk of having a clothes dryer fire if you don’t regularly clean your lint filter and dryer vent system? Dirty clothes dryer vents pose a real fire threat. According to the National Fire Protection Association, dryer vents clogged with dust, fiber, or lint cause nearly 30% of house fires caused by laundry machines. In addition, a clogged lint filter, dryer vent or outdoor vent covering reduces the efficiency of your clothes dryer. This costs you extra money every time you use your dryer.
Follow these simple maintenance and safety tips to help prevent a clothes dryer fire in your home and save a few bucks in the process.
- Make sure your dryer exhausts to the outdoors. If it exhausts to the basement or attic you are introducing moisture that may contribute to mold growth.
- Have your dryer installed and serviced by a professional.
- Do not use the dryer without a lint filter.
- Clean the lint filter before and after each cycle.
- Regularly clean dust and debris away from the exterior of the dryer on all sides and underneath.
- Check the outdoor vent cover monthly to make sure it opens when the dryer is running and closes when the dryer is not running.
- Have the dryer vent system professionally cleaned at least once per year.
Clean As Can Be Services – Lakeland Restoration is here to help you improve fire safety and cost savings when it comes to clothes dryer operation. In business since 2007, we offer complete dryer vent inspection and cleaning services in residential and commercial properties.
Call or contact us today for a FREE phone consultation or to schedule your appointment.
Free Professional Cleaning Tips!
Subscribe to our email list. It's a great way to receive FREE professional cleaning tips and information and keep up to date with new services and seasonal specials.